So you’ve built an e-commerce site. It’s slick, it looks great, and your brand is screaming from every pixel. But now what? Sure, your site will drive sales. Every new product you release will sell brilliantly for a few weeks as people recognize its merits and start singing its praises on social media. But after that? You need to sustain those sales and keep your customers coming back for more. And that means investing in customer service software so you can offer the kind of service that keeps them coming back for more. With Zendesk’s e-commerce customer support software, you can provide the high standard of customer service necessary to drive sustainable sales and build a loyal fan base. Here are our top 3 ways to improve your e-commerce customer service with Zendesk:
Welcome your customers with intelligent automation
Automation is critical in e-commerce customer service. You don’t want your staff to be reading through the exact requests and questions again and again. You want them to be able to give customers a swift, friendly response that solves their problems as quickly as possible. Implementing Zendesk allows you to automate specific repetitive requests and questions. This frees up your staff to help more customers, solves more problems, and leaves more happy customers. Here are some examples of automation in customer support that you can use for e-commerce:
- Autoresponders – let customers know when you’re open, closed, and on vacation and save time and effort by making the information available to everyone.
- Order Status automation – If a customer contacts you to ask when their package will arrive, send them a personalized response to let them know, and include their tracking link, shipping date, and estimated arrival date.
- FAQs – Add frequently asked questions to your help center. It’s a great way to save time and resources and help solve your customers’ common problems.
Help your customers find what they’re looking for
It’s a simple idea, but one of the best ways to improve your customer service is to help your customers find what they’re looking for. This applies to both new and returning customers. If someone is browsing your site, make sure they can find products and information about products, pricing, and shipping quickly and easily. If someone has been using your site for a while, make sure you have some easy ways to contact your staff to help them find the exact product they’re looking for. Here are some ways to make it easier for your customers to find what they’re looking for on your site:
- Advanced search – Allow customers to search for products using keywords, categories, etc. This gives them more control over their shopping experience and makes finding products more accessible.
- Live Chat – Allow customers to connect with agents and get personalized recommendations based on different factors, such as price, type, and more.
Show your human side with effective live chat.
Live chat is a significant part of e-commerce customer service. It’s a great way to provide instant customer service while simultaneously improving conversion rates. However, you want to make sure that your live chat delivers real value. Here are a few ways to maximize your live chat channel and make the most of this critical customer service feature:
- Be Responsive – Be sure to respond to every customer who uses your live chat channel.
- Being available during business hours (and if you can- 24/7) and responding quickly makes a huge difference to your customers.
- Be helpful – Help your customers find what they’re looking for, answer their questions, and provide suggestions on ways to use your products.
- Be proactive – Make it a priority to talk to customers and address their concerns. Connect with shoppers in critical parts of your funnel to help them progress with their purchases.
Zendesk is your toolkit, not a magic bullet.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be on the right track to improving your e-commerce customer service. However, no matter how many new features or integrations you add, it’s important to remember that Zendesk is just a tool. You can’t expect it to do all the work for you. You need to be proactive in managing customer expectations, setting appropriate response times, and providing quality service to make the most of these tips. If you follow these tips, you’ll be on the right track to improving your e-commerce customer service.